Monday, March 14, 2016

Gawain

Greetings everyone, I must tell you all about a story I heard from a friend of mine. This tale told me all I needed to know about the great knight sir Gawain. What I heard has shown me how honorable and courageous Gawain is. First off, he and the green knight made a bet in which he could strike the green knight with his sword, only if the green knight was able to do the same a year and a day later. A year and a day later, Sir Gawain keeps up his end of the deal, something that few men would do. As he sets off on his journey to see the green knight, he encounters another kingdom. During his stay there, the king’s wife makes several advances towards Gawain. Despite a very beautiful women boldly stating her desire to woo him, Sir Gawain remains a true knight of principle and resists all advances due to respect for her husband. Not many men would be able to keep themselves from taking advantage of this women, including myself to be honest. I admire Gawain for his actions on these three days. After leaving the kingdom, Gawain meets up with the green knight, where he is ready to hold up his end of the deal. On arrival, Gawain gets on his knees and prepares to be struck by the green knight’s sword. Instead, the green knight informs Gawain that this has all been a test and that Gawain has passed. A true knight preservers any test thrown their way, whether they know about it or not, and Gawain is a true knight.

Until next time,             


Merlin

No comments:

Post a Comment